Joining the Blissfully Bookish Team
Our company is growing and we are looking to welcome some new faces to the team. Periodically we will list new positions below when we have opening. If there are no positions open, we always welcome you to submit your resume or portfolio for future consideration. We appreciate your time and interest in working with Blissfully Bookish Company!
Social Media Manager
We are currently accepting applications for a Social Media Manager! Please read the requirements and job responsibilities below before submitting your application. Applications must be submitted through the contact form below, any applications submitted through other means will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications we are unable to contact all applicants but will post updates via our social media channel when the position is filled. We will be contacting applicants we wish to speak to for a video conference interview.
By applying for this position you acknowledge:
- You are 18+ years of age
- This position is a part-time, contract-based position
- You live in the United States
About the Role
We are looking for someone to join the team and take the lead on our social media channels. This position will be 10-20 hours per week (flexible hours, but a little every day is preferred) and the position will be paid an hourly amount as well as product bonuses based on experience. The Social Media Manager will work directly with the Founder to develop a cohesive social media strategy, plan content, grow engagement, and sometimes even put on a customer service hat. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, willing to bring ideas to the table, loves social media and geeks out about books and fandoms! This role has a potential to grow with the right candidate to take on more responsibility and hours in the future.
- Work across social media platforms to create a cohesive brand message, platforms include Instagram, TikTok, Facebook & Twitter
- Work directly with Blissfully Bookish's founder to plan content on a bi-weekly basis using defined initiatives and product launch calendar & post daily
- Design posts & stories outside of advertising products using Blissfully Bookish assets and established branding
- Engage with post tags, comments, and story mentions
- Generate and/or manage brand reps and influencer partners to create content such as TikToks and Reels
- Collect and manage user-generated content library
- Work within marketing budget to find new influencers and run giveaways
- Orchestrate & run product photoshoots
- Customer support via social media channels as necessary
Skills & Qualifications
- 1+ year(s) of social media experience in a 'professional' sense - either bookstagram, lifestyle blog, review channel, running a company page, etc.
- Graphic design experience either in Adobe Suite, Canva or Over preferred
- Willingness to learn a task management software (Wrike) for collaboration and project management
- Ongoing engagement with book releases, new authors, hype, etc. in the publishing industry
- An active participant in the book community with sincere, genuine interactions via Instagram
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table and stay up-to-date on popular social media trends
- Paid social media advertising experience a plus